Focus groups 

After playing the track of my chosen song and a track of the same genre to a selection of my friends who are 17 years of age and are fans of the Indie genre, I asked them a series of question relating closely to the traditional themes of Indie pop style music

1) How did the music make you feel?

The initial response I received from this was that the music itself gave an excitable feeling, the up beat tempo gave the listeners a sense of  urgency to have fun.

2) What elements of the music video did you like?

'The energy from the artists made the video fun to watch'  This was agreed by the majority of the group. As well as this, by watching the artists use their instruments in the video made it more enjoyable as it was as if they were watching them live. 

Going forward, my focus group will give me significant feedback throughout the filming and editing process, suggesting what is both positive and negative about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog